• Topics not covered in other forums.
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

Re: Daily Dose of Pigpen

#185456 1 year, 11 months ago
A letter written by Pigpen in 1961!

letter.jpg
Dreams are lies...it's the dreaming that's real!!!!
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#185458 1 year, 11 months ago
That letter is difficult to read. I can make out some of it but not all

I never realized what a romantic guy he was. Can anyone make out that last sentence, or FF do you know if there's a transcribed copy anywhere?
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#185460 1 year, 11 months ago
Here is my interpretation of it...

She makes me feel so warm in the cold, November motorcycle afternoon when she asks me what’s wrong. She looks at me from across the warm little room and speaks so soft and low-“Ron-What’s wrong?” When she asks it hurts me, down deep. I have a sad and lonely time trying to tell her how I feel, I can’t let her know how bad I need her, but I can’t stop myself from feeling the way I do. And when I howl into the freezing dusk, I feel better towards myself. I hate myself for ever loving anyone. 90 M.P.H in piercing fog I feel tears whipping my cheeks, why am I crying? I can’t cry unless I’m on the lonesome highway with roars and howls wailing in my ear. And sometimes when I feel like dying, I see her face floating before me, so soft and warm, and I feel like crying. Maybe because I’ve never had anyone care for me much before. And sometimes I feel a little lonely and sometimes I feel like riding all night back to my home town, but I can’t no one is there to love me, no warmth in that little town, just foggy hills and lonesome roads, and someone who died a long time ago. And when I ride and when I cry and when the whole world turns back on me I feel like saying a little quite prayer of thanks. And when I’m bloody, climbing a hill, or laying in a barbed-wire ditch I feel like holding my baby’s hand. Lord I feel like to die, but I know someone cares.
Last Edit: 1 year, 11 months ago by FurthurFlower67.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tmglf2, kevin, i_be_sublime, scar1et_f1re
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#186362 1 year, 10 months ago
The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#187076 1 year, 10 months ago
Enjoy!

The following user(s) said Thank You: kevin
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#187241 1 year, 10 months ago
You should know me by now! Can't ever get enough Pig!

GD2.jpg

GD.jpg

pig_2012-08-24.jpg
The following user(s) said Thank You: scar1et_f1re
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#187927 1 year, 10 months ago
FurthurFlower67 wrote:
Here is my interpretation of it...

She makes me feel so warm in the cold, November motorcycle afternoon when she asks me what’s wrong. She looks at me from across the warm little room and speaks so soft and low-“Ron-What’s wrong?” When she asks it hurts me, down deep. I have a sad and lonely time trying to tell her how I feel, I can’t let her know how bad I need her, but I can’t stop myself from feeling the way I do. And when I howl into the freezing dusk, I feel better towards myself. I hate myself for ever loving anyone. 90 M.P.H in piercing fog I feel tears whipping my cheeks, why am I crying? I can’t cry unless I’m on the lonesome highway with roars and howls wailing in my ear. And sometimes when I feel like dying, I see her face floating before me, so soft and warm, and I feel like crying. Maybe because I’ve never had anyone care for me much before. And sometimes I feel a little lonely and sometimes I feel like riding all night back to my home town, but I can’t no one is there to love me, no warmth in that little town, just foggy hills and lonesome roads, and someone who died a long time ago. And when I ride and when I cry and when the whole world turns back on me I feel like saying a little quite prayer of thanks. And when I’m bloody, climbing a hill, or laying in a barbed-wire ditch I feel like holding my baby’s hand. Lord I feel like to die, but I know someone cares.

Thanks Emily, that looks like it was a lot of work for you to transcribe. I was surprised that Ron wrote and sung two souls in communion. This is another awesome look into the man's head. He did have quite the sensitive side, no matter how well it may have been hidden.

Anyone think he wrote this about Janice?

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#187929 1 year, 10 months ago
Looking at the hand written letter I realize he's either wring to or about someone named Kathy.

scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#191323 1 year, 10 months ago
The attached may not be the finest quality for audiophiles, but it's kind for 1966. There is a 19 minuted midnight hour starting at the one hour mark. Ya got to wait till the midnight hour.

The following user(s) said Thank You: FurthurFlower67
FurthurFlower67
Platinum Boarder
Good Love!

#191382 1 year, 10 months ago
Just some lovely pics of Pig to look at!

PIG2.jpg

tmodel.jpg
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds